Saturday, January 11, 2014

Motivation


You'd think "not wanting to feel like I'm dying after the first few miles of the walk" would be sufficient, but it hasn't been so far. So I need something more fun and immediate.

On a walk up to Starbucks with R last weekend, I thought that a bingo card approach might work for me. That day was under 40 degrees and sunny. How about I check off different conditions for walking at least 2 miles? Two done so far this year:

< 40, sunny // 4 miles to RR Starbucks 1/5/14
< 50, windy & dry //4 miles to Avondale 1/11/14

Future possibilities:


  1. Below freezing, sunny
  2. Below freezing, cloudy
  3. Windy and wet
  4. Heavy rain
  5. Fog
  6. Drizzle
  7. Sunny
  8. With backpack
  9. < 60
  10. < 70
  11. < 80
  12. Starbucks -> Starbucks (8 mile round trip....two of those one weekend and I think we're ready!)

Worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment